Interview: Ashley talks about her Key Collection with MailOnline

0
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ashley Roberts is no stranger to dazzling on the red carpet. But the former Pussycat Doll always found it hard to find the perfect dress so she decided to take fashion into her own hands by designing her own line of glamorous garments - and now she wants to see Kate Moss wearing one.

The 32-year-old was recently appointed the new face of Key Fashion and helped create a 37-piece range of prom and cocktail dresses. Speaking to MailOnline, she said:

"It is all so exciting. The dresses are amazing, they have been designed for every kind of girl and for any event; there's a bit of everything."

Priced between £80-£300, Arizona-born Ashley explains that they have all been made using quality fabrics and prints with elaborate embellishment to give them a glamorous edge. She added:

"Whether it's for an event, a date or a dance, girls need a dress for every occasion and I love glamorous styles so I that's why I decided to launch this collection."

Ashley shows off her designs in a stunning photoshoot, shot by renowned celebrity photographer Dan Kennedy, in a magical garden themed shoot. Citing her favourite styles as the Sovereign, which she modelled at her launch event last night, as well as the Moon and Secret dress, Ashley couldn't be more excited about her foray into fashion. She said:

"The best thing about working in fashion is that it is fun, creative and a whole new venture and chapter in my life."

The blonde cites Nicole Ritchie, Kate Moss and Kate Bosworth as her style icons because of their 'funky, sophisticated and edgy' style. Whilst she will be giving a selection of her dresses to her celebrity friends to wear out on the town, there is one person who she would love to see donning her designs:

"I am going to shoot for the stars and say Kate Moss. I have grown up watching her style evolve, she is my number one, my go-to girl."

Ashley, who often tops best-dressed polls, says her fail safe wardrobe essentials are a leather jacket and a leopard print handbag. Whilst she has been busy launching her line with Key Fashion, ambitious Ashley isn't taking any time to rest. She said:

"I have been so busy but it's so much fun. I have just finished my Garnier campaign, I am working on new music and I will be presenting for the I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here segment on This Morning. I am trying to hone down the business side of stuff."

To keep herself grounded, Ashley swears by hot yoga, meditation and 'fun girly stuff' like spa days. Describing her ultimate style tips, the new-found fashionista said:

"Have fun with it, there's no rules. Wear what makes you feel funky and confident."

0 Comments: